According to the poll’s results:
- 54 percent say they don’t want Winfrey to run for president, while 35 percent want her to run for office.
- 79 percent of those who identified themselves as “strong Republicans” are against Winfrey running for the office, while 68 percent of those who identified themselves as “soft Republicans” also are against her running.
- 51 percent of independent voters are against Winfrey running.
- 39 percent of strong Democrats are against Winfrey running, while 50 percent support it, and 47 percent of “soft Democrats” oppose a Winfrey run.
- Among Trump supporters, 72 percent oppose Winfrey running, while 19 percent want the talk show host and network owner to run.
- 50 percent said Winfrey would defeat Trump.
- 39 percent said Trump would defeat Winfrey.
The poll was conducted among 1,350 adults from Jan. 8 to Jan. 10, with statistically significant results within 2.7 percentage points.
In a hypothetical matchup, a Rasmussen poll released Wednesday showed Winfrey leading Trump by 10 points.